Festival Founder and Director
I created and organized a regionally-based film festival, including creating a brand identity, marketing through a website and Facebook, soliciting for entries, writing and sending press releases, and interviewing with local media outlets. I set up a selection committee of volunteers to select the films, and from there devised the event program, which included audience choice awards. I ran the event itself at a local movie theater and organized a post-event reception at a local café.
The festival, which took place in early 2010, was a huge success, both culturally and financially. The following year I organized a second event, although halfway through the planning process I moved away. What I couldn’t do myself due to geography I delegated and managed, including the festival event.
- “Short films debut at Little Art” – Yellow Springs News, 1/14/10
- “Yellow Springs fest showcases local short films” – Dayton Daily News, 2/19/10
- “Maiden Voyage for Local Film Festival” – 91.3WYSO, 2/22/10
- “Film fest features local films” – Yellow Springs News, 2/1/11
- “Celebrating short film at the Yellow Springs Short Film Fest” – cover story, Dayton City Paper, 2/2/11